Risk categorization of plant pests
The Scientific Committee for Food and Environment will risk categorize 33 plant pests, on behalf of the Norwegian Food Safety Authority.
The categorization is part of the Norwegian Food Safety Authority's work on updating the plant health regulations.
The assignment includes both plant pests that do not exist in the EU area and plant pests that exist in the EU area, but which may do not exist in Norway today.
For all 33 plant pests, VKM shall describe:
- the identity of the pest
- absence or occurrence in Norway
- status in Norwegian regulations
- potential for import, establishment and spread in Norway
- possible consequences for Norway
- available management options
- conclusion on risk categorization
The project group
The VKM project group currently consists of:
- Paal Krokane, VKM member, Panel on Plant Health
- Iben Margrethe Thomsen, VKM member, Panel on Plant Health
- Sandra Wright, VKM member, Panel on Plant Health
- Johan Stenberg,VKM member, Panel on Plant Health
- Mogens Nicolaisen, VKM member, Panel on Plant Health
- Christer Magnusson,VKM member, Panel on Plant Health
- Bjørn-Arild Hatteland, external expert, NIBIO
- Venche Talgø, external expert, NIBIO
- Daniel Flø, VKM Secretariat, Project manager
VKM´s Panel on Plant Health is responsible for the work. It is scheduled to be completed March 15, 2021.